Monday, August 21, 2006

Put Some Money Down On This Horse

"China has fielded what looks to be a pretty strong, large team here this year, and their crews have done well over the past two days. The preparation for Beijing are apparent, right down to athlete development across the board. The Chinese also boast the youngest rower at this years Worlds: Xuefei Fan, three-seat in the LW4x, turns
sixteen this coming October."
-Row2k

Hehehe.

In other Worlds quibble: take a look at the German LM2-
here. I've never really seen Germans fielding lightweight crews before; these guys look like a pair of juniors. And check out the Indian M2x...I wonder who's got the better erg time in that boat?

In actual racing news, the US took the top spot in their heats for both M8+ and W8+; I'm interested to see if Teti and Co. can pull off the three-peat this year. The M4x also put up a fight in their heat today; I was listening to it live up until the halfway point when I had to leave for work. I waited the whole morning wondering what the result of the race is.

So far, the US crews that are going to the reps are: W2-, M1x, W4-, M2-, M2x, LW1x, LW4x, LM2x, and the W4x.

Last word: I love
this shot. Drama, misery...you can see all the emotions of the sport on these guys' two faces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home