Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Narc

Erging isn't as bad as most people say it is.

I just got through with my first erg of the New Year. It was bad, realizing how much you can lose in just a week and a half.

Okay, maybe bad is the wrong word. I love erging, the solitary joy of pushing my body, on my own, with just me, my music, the handle, and the flywheel. I usually end up forgetting about everything; concentrating on split times and rates are a great way to forget about problems with women and domestic issues and worrying about where the gas money is going to come from when the tank is almost on empty. In a way, erging is like my drug. It's very habit-forming. I go and do it when I feel bad and it makes me feel better about myself. I get a little high from the adrenaline or the endorphins or whatever's flowing through my veins. I come down and all my problems are still there, but I had an escape. A great escape.

Okay, maybe erging is as bad as most people say it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home