Thursday, August 31, 2006

Post-Worlds Blather

I just spent an hour typing up a report on my impressions about this years World Championships, but Blogger, being the bitch that it is, deleted it on me without warning. I'm not going to type that whole thing in again, so I'm going to make it as brief as possible. If you can't follow along, ask someone else to translate.

US: Gold W8+, new world's best time. Bronze W4-, M8+, disappointing for those who were expecting a repeat of last year (like myself).

Big upset: NZ placed third in the W2x, behind AUS and GER; this is the first time since 2001 the Evers-Swindell twins have lost a World Championship race.

Hometown favorites: GBR M4- and LM1x won their events; the M4- by less than a second and the LM1x by setting a new world's best time.

The Chinese won the LW2x, LW4x, and the LM4-; two of those boats are Olympic-class. If these trends continue, this should be interestng come 2008.

That German LM2- that I said looked like a pair of juniors last post? They won their event. Pwned!

Is that it? I think that's it. I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home