Wednesday, March 28, 2007

On A Lighter Note

Some good quotes from Row2k columnist and coxswain Rob Colburn that I couldn't help but share:

"How do I keep my rowers from looking out of the boat and affecting the set? I keep calling them out, but they still do it.
Tell your boat what I tell mine: Every time someone looks out, I get to eat one of Ms. Quail's chocolate nut brownies. I figure I win either way.

As coxswain, am I empowered to perform weddings?
Technically, yes. (Be careful how you use this authority, though.) Per U.S. Coast Guard regulations, anything 60 feet or longer is legally a ship, and ship captains can perform marriages. (Shorter-hulled Resolutes, and 4+s may need to go out beyond the twelve-mile limit.)

My parents want to know how come -- if a crew race only takes about 6 minutes -- going to a crew race always takes up an entire day.
Erm, well..., we've got our best research team working on that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home