Sunday, February 26, 2006

CRASH-B's Part II

CRASH-B's went well. I didn't do as bad as I thought I was going to do, but I went in there, rowed my race, and finished fifth in my heat. I can live with that. My legs are filled with the dull aching burn of the lingering traces of lactic acid, but I'm dealing with it. An ice bath would be nice, but I guess sleep can't hurt, either.

Making weight was what I thought would be a difficult proposition. In the end, it worked out, although it involved me not eating about 18 hours prior to weigh in. I only drank a Nalgene bottle worth of water in the same time period, too, and I was paying for it past the first 250. My mouth felt as dry as the inside of a frathouse keg on Sunday morning. I don't think I'm ever going to do that again; from now on, I'm going to have to figure out how to keep weight without dehydrating myself. But at least I did it; making weight is half the battle.

Speaking of Nalgenes, I picked up a bunch of free flair for my bottle. I've now got about 2/3 of my bottle covered! I need a life.

Being finished with that was one of the best feelings of my life. The first thing I did after I dropped my bags off was go eat. I've never enjoyed a pizza and fries more in my life. I'm staying with a good friend from high school for his birthday, and tonight we went out and ate copious amounts of food at Dick's Last Resort, a pretty good place at Faneuil Hall. Total bill for 16 people? $340. And tonight, we party. I'll get back to you when the hangover's gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home