Monday, March 13, 2006

Breaks

Spring Break is rapidly approaching. I suppose that's a good thing; we'll spend the week here, getting faster and faster. But there's something looming over my shoulder, as well, because there's so much pressure around this time of year. Not only are we gearing up for crew now that we're on the water and our first race is only two weeks away (holy shit!), but all the professors seem to think that they're the only ones who are clever enough to use the weeks before and after Spring Break for midterms. I have tests every day from now until break, and then two more when we get back on campus. It's crunch time like you wouldn't believe.

Today, we had a midterm in one of the core classes for my major, and pretty much everyone bombed it. The fact that it was at the beginning of the day didn't really help set the tone at all; practice had been cancelled due to thunderstorm conditions that might rain us out tomorrow morning, too. All in all, it had been a very shitty day.

So when the rain really started coming down tonight, I decided to go for a run, regardless of the fact that I still have assloads of homework and practice in less than eight hours. I went and got one of my friends out of her room (she bombed with me), and we went and played football in the muddy quad for an hour or so.

And I gotta tell you, it was just what I needed. Forget practice and that 2K that we've got this week. Forget the homework that I've got piled on my back. Forget the midterms that are going to sink me this semester. I'm so tired of trying to be a responsible student/athlete that I've forgotten to have fun along the way. Tonight, it was just about getting dirty as hell and flirting with the girl who's muddy ass gave me a good excuse to stare. I've got those finals tomorrow, and I've got homework that I have to do, but it's okay. Because I had fun tonight. And you only live once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home